Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

First I was throwing F06 and E2 code on the washer and it

Customer Question

First I was throwing F06 and E2 code on the washer and it would stop in the middle of the cycle and throw that code.
Now the second problem during the renovation the washer in advertently got sent 240 volts it made a loud pop but washer still comes on. It will turn on let you select but nothing will happen further when trying to start the cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You will need a new main CCU board on the unit for sure and maybe an MCU unit, the pop was the varistor blowing off the board. So replace the CCU board which is the main board off to the right with the top off and hopefully that will be all you need to change out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok...u are probably correct, the code is actually an F 06 and E 01, just wanted to make sure that is still correct and I want to verify the part number W 10427967 is the board you are referring to

Yes that is the one!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Final question how do I get the door to come to the unlocked position and where are the screws to take the front panel off to just verify the pump is not clogged while I'm at it

Just remove the top and reach down to the door latch and pull the release tab straight down to unlock the door. If your unit does not have a removable lower panel then you have to remove the top, front console and entire front to get at that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
10-4, worked...thanks!!

No problem!