Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Pushed the reset button so hared it broke off inside area.

Customer Question

Pushed the reset button so hared it broke off inside area. What to do now?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It has not done this before. it is a Samsung side by side. Model # RS261MDBP. Not sure if that helps
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I thought it was a simple fix of holding and pressing reset button and then the whole thing broke inside with no turning of ice tray or motor clicking on at all.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately the head of the icemaker isn't designed to come apart and be repaired so if the reset button on the icemaker broke off, then the icemaker will need to be replaced. Most likely the icemaker needed to be replaced anyways if you were pressing the reset button because it wasn't cycling but either way below is a link to the icemaker for your unit. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator before replacing the icemaker or you'll get an error coe and the refrigerator won't run.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?