Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a 2003 Kenmore Electric Range Model 665.92002. When

Customer Question

We have a 2003 Kenmore Electric Range Model 665.92002. When we attempted to set it to self-clean, it wouldn't work. It clicked like it was going to lock the door, then just showed the notation E-1 -F5-.
Can you tell us what we're doing wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. The error code you're getting only comes up when you try to self clean because it means that your door latch isn't locking properly. You can push in on the door in case the latch is running on the door and that is preventing it from locking but other than that the door latch would just need to be ordered and replaced in order to use self clean.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.