Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

When baking in our Viking professional oven the preheat

Customer Question

when baking in our Viking professional oven the preheat indicator light does not go off at temperatures above 450
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I suspect there is an issue with the control in your oven. Are the temperatures accurate, even though the preheat stays illuminated? Does it take a long time to get to temperature?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The temperature is accurate but the light stays on. But it works fine at temperatures below 450. Is this a consistent problem with this model of the Viking oven?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Does it take a long time to get to temperature?

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

This model has an issue with poor ignition that can cause the issue you are having. Usually, there is a noticeable difference in the time it takes to get to temperature from when it works as designed.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

There is also a blower kit to help with high temperatures at control area, which could also cause issues with the control that you are seeing and explain why it works at lower temperatures without issue. Does the door seal well at the top?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it does not appear to take a long time to heat up. The oven seal looks great.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

So it is likely an issue with the heat at the controls, a known problem. Can you provide the serial number, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anything else to offer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Do you have the serial number? I suspect you will need the updated blower kit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
D42707C00039922
model VE00130SS
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

That is a different model than you initially posted. Which is correct, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry this is the right model
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Okay, so none of the information I provided so far applies. All that was regarding the gas single oven, not the double electric oven. Viking information is very time consuming to go through. I will try to go through the information for your model but will place your question back to the list until I am able to do so.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok i think it is vedo130ss