Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WE HAVE A WHIRLPOOL MODEL WFW9200SQ00 WASHER, IT WON'T START

Customer Question

WE HAVE A WHIRLPOOL MODEL WFW9200SQ00 WASHER, IT WON'T START CODE F70 COMES UP. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 TO 10 YEARS OLD, WFW9200SQOO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES, DEPENDING ON WHAT IS WRONG.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: HERE IS THE SERIAL NUMBER CSU2206960
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. This issue can be caused by 2 different parts, but unfortunately they are both control boards and not cheap (each about $200 minimum). To determine which part has failed, you need to pull the washer forward and remove the 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can access the main control board (the CCU) in the front right corner of the washer. You will need to unplug the washer and then disconnect terminal MI3 from the control board. Then plug the washer back in and see if the control panel will turn on with the MI3 terminal dis-connected. If it does, then you need to replace the motor control board (MCU) mounted to the floor below the tub. Otherwise, you'll need to order and replace the interface control board if it still won't turn on without giving you the F70 error with the MI3 connection disconnected.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.