John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE washer has clothes in it and there is no power. the

Customer Question

my GE washer has clothes in it and there is no power. the door is locked. I can't get it to power on or unlock the door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally you will have to drain the water in the unit to get it to unlock can you do that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not sure where in the cycle it stopped. There is no power and if I push the power on nothing happens. So I am not sure if there is water in it and how I would get it to drain

Is there power to the outlet it is plugged into?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe so though it is behind the washer. But the dryer should be plugged into the same outlet and the dryer has power

I would double check the outlet