Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Thanks, my Wolf Downdraft Model DD36 blower isn't working. I

Customer Question

Thanks, ***** ***** Downdraft Model DD36 blower isn't working. I recently cleaned the filters and just today realized I had them in backwards. I corrected that but when I turn the ventilation system on, I just get a humming sound...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Wolf is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 8 years old. Model DD36
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not unless it is a simple fix!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

This will likely need a new capacitor for the unit this is not a super easy fix and you need to be comfortable draining the high voltage capacitor so you do not get shocked. It will not be too expensive to have a tech out for this issue though, I would recommend calling a tech out, but that is up to you.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!