Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My whirlpool estate washer has a rinse refill problem. it

Customer Question

my whirlpool estate washer has a rinse refill problem.
it will fill on wash time but not when it is suppose to rinse.
it begins to fill only with a dribbling of water then shuts off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you're getting a dribble you'd need to test power at your electronic water valve on the back of the washer to see if you're getting 110 volts to one of the solenoids. If you're only getting 50 volts or something like that, then you'd need to replace the timer control. If you're getting 110 volts then you have a bad solenoid on your valve (there are multiple solenoids for different functions like hot water, cold water, rinse, etc...) so the entire valve assembly would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.