Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Dehumidifier developes ice in front of the filter. A hose is

Customer Question

Dehumidifier developes ice in front of the filter. A hose is connected to the drain but melted ice fills drain bucket
Seria # SRHA029126
Model # ADEL70LRL1
Mfg 5/13...Purchased Home Depot 1/10/14
What can be done about this problem
Robert Berry Phone(###) ###-####
address 206 Doubletree Ln, Florence AL 35634
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If the fan is blowing on the unit that means the unit is low on freon. I would try and take it back to Home Depot to see if they will do anything for you on it since there is no repairing this unit for that issue these are considered throw away units.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!