Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishwasher mod.665.15529000 wont drain. I have apart down to

Customer Question

dishwasher mod.665.15529000 wont drain. I have apart down to circular filter but I can't remove it. there is asquare head bolt holdind a free spinning black rubber inside and i cant get the nut off as it spins freely
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I sent you the mod. #
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm trying. I can't seem to free the filter. what's the secret
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: IDK. no you tube on this model. How do I proceed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. So this model is getting fairly old and unfortunately bolts sometimes break off or get seized on these older units when you try to take them apart so just understand that that is a possibility. Either way, there is a video that shows you how to take this pump apart from the top down and of course it looks easier than it really is because the bolts are not seized up, but I have a feeling when you try to remove your bolt it's not going to come off so easily because it never does for me anymore when I see this model. Below is a link to the video.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?