John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We have a Samsung dishwasher that's only three years. When

Customer Question

We have a Samsung dishwasher that's only three years. When going through the cycle, the door for the detergent doesn't open and it isn't drying to dishes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** does it actually heat the water during the wash cycle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it heats the water.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You can call me at **********when you are free to talk rather than trying to connect through e-mail.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I paid yesterday for help and the ONLY thing I heard back was a question on whether or not my dishwasher heats the water. I answered, but no one replied. Is this a bogus service? If I don't hear from anyone - quickly - I will want my money refunded and I will report you to the Better Business Bureau.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

You asked me to call you but the system does not allow the experts to see the information. Yesterday was my day off - but to continue, if you put the tablet in the cutlery basket rather than the dispenser does the flap still stay closed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You never asked about that and I haven't tried. I always put it in the dispenser.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

OK let me explain, if the dispenser flap spring gets weak and the tablet is damp its hasnt got enough power to open the flap. If you put the tablet in the cutlery basket and close the dispenser flap you can wash as normal but it tests the spring out on the dispenser.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. So I'm trying that tonight. Hopefully that will help. What if your cutlery basket is full? Would you still put a tablet in there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I put the tab in the cutlery basket. The first time I ran it, the tablet didn't dissolve. The second time I did AND the dispenser flap opened on the second try. The dishwasher is still NOT drying to dishes. I has Jet Dry, I use a tablet with JetDry in it. I know the water gets hot from the steam that comes out when I open the door. Also, we JUST replaced the hot water heater. far, I still haven't been given instructions on what I should do to get the dishwasher to dry the dishes as it should. Any advice? If not....well, a refund is anticipated.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have heard nothing more back from you after I responded. What did I pay for? I gave you a 1 out of 10 rating as you have not helped in the least. If you cannot assist, please have someone else e-mail or refund my money. If, however, you choose not to answer and to provide a refund, let me know you're doing that. At that time, I will contact the BBB that you do not do what you say, other than providing the refund. Your answers don't come close to what I'm asking.