Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I HAVE A MAYTAG FRENCH DOOR FREEZER ON BOTTOM REFRIGERATOR.

Customer Question

i HAVE A MAYTAG FRENCH DOOR FREEZER ON BOTTOM REFRIGERATOR. MODEL #MFT29764EW01. THE ICE MAKER QUIT MAKING ICE. THE WATER RUNS FINE. CHANGED THE WATER FILTER, SET THE FREEZER TEMP TO -5 DEGREES. NOTHING WORKS, STILL NO ICE. ICE CREAM FROM FREEZER IS SOFT,NOT RUNNY. WHAT IS THE CAUSE??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

hello if you open the freezer look inside on the rear panel do u see any ice or frost build up can u hear the fan running

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If nothing is working the compressor is either not running or the unit is out of freon, you will need to check to see if the compressor and fans are running on the unit, then we could go from there to narrow it down.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!