Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a whirlpool washing machine. It doesn't get through

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washing machine. It doesn't get through the spin cycle and has water in the tub. What is this? I thought maybe the sensor on the lid and it did break off and I need to replace it. Is that something I can do myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

hello , do you have a model number ? is this a top loader? ,by sensor do you mean the plastic lid strike ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a top loader and yes the plastic lid strike. Where would I find the model number and I'll go get it.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

if you lift up the lid ,look at the back center its usually there

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok model # is lsrb233jq1
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

nothing came up ,is there any digits missing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
LSRB233JQ1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is 14-18 years old. I bought it from my brother in 2002 when he was graduating from college and I can't remember when it got it. I know it was a max of 3 then.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

the plastic lid strike activates the lid switch ,that can be repaired ,if its the part on the lid its two screws to change ..open the lid and push a screwdriver into that slot and see if it drains and spins to activate that switcg ..if it works you just need that lid strike

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would a butter knife work?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

sure anything that will fit in that slot

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what should I look for when I do that to know if that works. answer and then I'll try right quick.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

see if the tub spins and the water drains ..if it does then you need that lid strike , have the timer in the spin cycle though

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
be right back
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
stuck pencil in hole and it hits tub. The is nothing to hit.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The thing under the hole is what broke off. It is a gray piece.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

ok that is the lid switch , that need replacing the strike is on the lid itself you need the lid switch this part below

Whirlpool Washing Machine Lid Switch Assembly

RepairClinic Item #(###) ###-####/p>

Watch Video:

Skill Level: Skill Level

Washing machine lid switch assembly with wire harness. The lid switch ensures that the washer door is closed while the washer is spinning. If the lid switch is broken, the washer will not spin. If the washer won't spin but will still agitate, the lid switch is likely defective.

OEM Part - Manufacturer #3949247V

$24.50

48 Reviews

Quantity:

In Stock ›

ADD TO CART

365 Day Return

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that went out before I broke it off? Where do I order. I am a single female. Is this something that I can easily do?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 months ago.

you can order it online at repairclinic.com or any parts place in your area can get it for you if you give them the model # ..it is a little bit of work ..because the console and the cabinet have to come off , but if you get somebody in to do the job atleast its not a very expensive part ..if you check the video and think its beyond your abilities ..its your decision ..good luck