Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Our side by side built-in Monogram refrigerator freezer all

Customer Question

Our side by side built-in Monogram refrigerator freezer all of a sudden is not maintaining the correct temperature. The display in the refrigerator section is showing the temperature in the freezer at 21 and the refrigerator section at 44. I have double checked and nothing is stopping the doors from shutting properly. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK for this issue on this unit there is a good chance the unit is low on freon. Based on the temperatures check and see if the fan in the freezer is running if it is I would say you will need a tech out to check the freon in the system as it is likely very low on gas. This is not a DIY repair for that issue I am afraid to say.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!