Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirl pool duet that is not heating. I have

Customer Question

I have a whirl pool duet that is not heating . I have continuity tested the thermal cut off, the fuse and the heating element. They all test ok Now what
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yest
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no already have the unit pulled apart. It was pretty dirty so cleaned it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If you have checked all that then check the power to the unit at the terminal block where the cord connects and then you will need to check the backside of the relay board for a burned out solder joint on the heater relay. Often the joint there goes bad and burns out. Check those two things and I think you will find you issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!