Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Good afternnoon. I have a Broan Undercabinet Range Hood (30

Customer Question

Good afternnoon. I have a Broan Undercabinet Range Hood (30 in.), Item # 417092 - Model CJD130BL that I'm having issues with. The fan light is intermittently, but consistently, blinking off & on. The fan still works fine. This has been happening for about the past 2 to 3 mos.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do I need to do to fix this?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please be extremely detailed, as I am not mechanically or electrically inclined. Thanks in advance!
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The light blinking on and off is indicative of a control failure. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with and are you comfortable working with live voltage and testing live circuits?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I do not have a tester, and I am not comfortable working with electricity. I went on to Google last night, and found an answer that the light was blinking when it is time to clean the filter. Clean the filter, then press and hold the switch for 3 seconds to reset it. It is working fine now. Thank you for your reply & your assistance. Have a pleasant day.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Glad you got it going, nice work!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, ***** *****