Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a GE Dryer model number GFDN100EL0WW. My tenants

Customer Question

I have a GE Dryer model number GFDN100EL0WW. My tenants indicated that the dryer is stuck on "fluff". They did a hard start, turned breaker on and off and when they turn everything back on, it is still stuck on fluff and unable to turn it to any other setting.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the user interface is not allowing any selection other than the fluff cycle and they have killed power and restored power for at least 10 minutes and the unit is not resetting allowing other selections then the user interface board has failed and will have to be replaced to repair the dryer.

User interface board asm WE4M487 - click here

the board is about 100.00 cheaper at the link below but it is out of stock at the moment and won't ship until around sept. 7th, if you can wait for it. - click here

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am just asked my renters to cut the power to the dryer ... 5 more min and I will have an answer :)

ok sounds good, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my tenant turned the power and when she turned it back on, the dryer is NOW stuck on speed dry. So that means it now has eat and going for only 24 minutes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still need to get User interface board asm WE4M487?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My tenant turned power off for 12 minutes and now the dryer is stuck on speed dry. This is only a 24 minute cycle but now has heat

ok that means that the user interface does need to be replaced.

did you need anything else? If you have no further questions, please rate the answer by clicking on the 4th star or higher at the top of your page so I get credit for helping, thanks.