Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a whirlpool WDT920SADM2 dishwasher that won't start.

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool WDT920SADM2 dishwasher that won't start. I've only used it twice. The panel lights work, but when I press START, nothing happens.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: whirlpool WDT920SADM2 dishwasher almost 1 year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If all the buttons work on the touchpanel but it will not start make sure the door is shut, if it is and still will not start the door latch switch has likely gone bad. If the unit is that new I would call for warranty service as it is a job to put the latch in the unit and you should not have to pay for that since it is still under warranty.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!