Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have GE oven that keeps on popping up the unlock door

Customer Question

Hello I have GE oven that keeps on popping up the unlock door message when the door is already not locked
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Around 4 years and the model how would u find that?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I would like to do most of the work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's the only problem I have at the moment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Check the door latch or start a clean cycle for about 20 secs then cancel it and see if that goes away. Let me know.