Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool washer, model number gu2275xtvy3. The

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer, model number gu2275xtvy3. The cycle was interrupted by a child opening the door. Since then it will not restart. When we try and restart it the "normal wash" button light just flashes. We have cut the power source and reconnected. When we try again the same light just flashes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Try to reset it by pressing

Heated Dry

Normal

Heated Dry

Normal

all lights should come on if successful then press cancel. If that does not work you may have a defective touchpad on the unit. Also when you cut the power do so for a full 5 minutes then power it back up as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This information was useless.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The machine is less than 4 years old.

Have you cut the power for a full minute? I am trying to help with my "useless" information on Sunday

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just so you know it is a dishwasher and I have cut the power for over a minute.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Over five minutes as well.

OK you need a new touchpad to fix that issue then that happens often