Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My whirlpool 510 which is about 2 years old just quit

Customer Question

My whirlpool 510 which is about 2 years old just quit filling. Had no previous problems leading to this. Lights on panel are all working it just won't start.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: wdf510paysa I don't think it is quite 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what the problem is. I have turned the power off at fuse box but don't know how to unplug if that might make a difference
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. It has worked very well until I turned it on this time. I put some water in to see if that would work or if it would drain but no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need to check the float in the right corner of the machine...CLICK HERE if that moves up and down and clicks then I would check the fill valve for power. If that has power and is not filling replace the valve.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do you mean clicks. It moves up and down easily but I dont hear a click
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No call, just tell me what click to listen for. Would it need any hard water cleaner

When you pull the float up and push it down you should hear a soft click if so leave it in the down position and try it and see if it fills. No water cleaner necessary. You can check if you have a flood hose to the water valve if so they sometimes can trip killing water to the unit as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry that is not enough information. Is that all I get for the $5 unless I do a phone call?

This question is 28 dollars not 5 dollars...