John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Maytag Bravos series 300 washing machine, on normal

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos series 300 washing machine, on normal load setting the machine now skips the rinse and spin cycles leaving the clothes wet. Power is on, drain is clear, any ideas? Thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5years, model mvwb450wq1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: normal use, no abuse, kept clean, no lightening strikes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Press the spin speed button down for 3 secs...release for 3 secs...and repeat until all the lights light up and tell me what F code is coming up

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I ran the auto diagnosis and came up with a F-70 as the result. The basket does not spin. What do you think?