Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an electric oven which will not work. The top burner

Customer Question

I have an electric oven which will not work. The top burner are fine. The broiler, oven and cleaning procedure will not work. It goes on, I set it to a temperature , it appears to try for about 10 sec. Then shuts off. I checked the oven element and found not continuity, replaced that and it has not changed. How deep a problem could this be? Or how simple?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Magic chef. 68-HA 6TVW

DOes this unit have just dial controls for bake and the temps?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

OK so neither bake or broil work at all correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

OK you will have to check the wiring to both elements you may have a burned out wire from an element. Since this unit is so old I can not locate the wiring diagram for it did you see one on it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No

So you do not have anything digital to set the temps correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is a dial that you turn to set temp. The re-out it digital

Ok you need to replace that clock control, you will need to send it in for repair.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!