Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a scottsman cm 250 ice machine put a new bin

Customer Question

I have a scottsman cm 250 ice machine put a new bin thermostat in it but will not shut off when full. Could it be the relay?
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Scottsman cm250ae1e serial no. 599868 07l bought new in early 90s
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Yes the relay or board is bad then. Check the wiring from the bin thermostat to the board and if that is good replace the board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!