Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a F-01 on my washer??? What is the problem???

Customer Question

JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag/bravo/I"d say about 7 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no way I"m a senior/ plus a woman. Just tell me what I should do????
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

That is a primary control failure on the washer you will need to have the main Control board in the unit replaced to fix it. You can try to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in and see if it clears the code. If that does not work I would recommend getting a tech out as it is not an easy job to change the board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!