Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I walked into my laundry room and the control panel was on.

Customer Question

I walked into my laundry room and the control panel was on. I started the dryer and the tub spins and it gets hot. I'd I,unplug it and replug the control board is on permanent press, wrinkle guard, timed at 36 minutes. It constantly beeps. It won't let me change to other commands. If I run it to let the time run down, then reset it continues to do all this? We recently replaced the heat element and it was working fine for over a week. What happened?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Make is Kenmore elite older model #11060052998. It says total care system with even heat.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a cousin that worked for Sears many years ago. He will help.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I hate dryer in storage for 3+ years.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The erratic operation is indicative of control failure. I suspect it will need to be replaced. However, it is showing as no longer available, see number 10 at link below.