John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a kenmore front loader washing machine. It has been

Customer Question

I have a kenmore front loader washing machine. It has been working fine, no issues. I put in a light load and the washer started adding water as usual and then just abruptly turned itself off. I am able to chose the cycle and hit start....the washer starts and abruptly turns itself off. I unplugged the washer for 10 mins and tried again with the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a 16 yr old kenmore c48992 model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, that is all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you get me the complete model number off the tag?