Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Thermador GSC30CV range purchased in 1993. Recently

Customer Question

I have a Thermador GSC30CV range purchased in 1993. Recently the igniters have not been consistently lighting the burner. I have followed all of the steps for cleaning the igniter suggested in the manual. Now the igniters aren't lighting the burners at all. They still make a clicking noise. What can I do? I appreciate any suggestions you have.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Oftentimes, the caused is a poor spark path. Most of the time, the area to which the electrodes spark to are overlooked and not cleaned. Using fine sandpaper, sand the igniter tips and the areas on the burners to where the spark and see if that makes nay difference, please. Let me know what happens, please.