John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Whirlpool Refrigerator/freezer (model number

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool Refrigerator/freezer (model number ED5VHEXVBO9) and the ice maker isn't working. We just replaced the salunoid. The water dispenser has always worked and continues to do so. We checked continuity on the new salunoid and it is intact. There continues to be no water supply to the icemaker and the mortor doesn't run to the icemaker. Any thoughts on what to do next/replace?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased in 2012. The above model number isn't sufficient? Where do I look for the specific info?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. We live 50 miles north of Utica, NY. I tried the Whirlpool repair tech website and there is no availability up here.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, we try to do repairs ourself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

I am sorry no one has gotten to you sooner do you still need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am reasonably competent at home repairs, as I use a repairman less than once a year.
And yes, we still need assistance in determining the problem/solution.

Can you remove the front square cover on the icemaker?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the $24 for? We already paid $5 and thought that was the cost. Is that because you are doing it via a phone call?

You do not have to do a phone call the site offers that to you not me.