Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Samsung load sensing He dryer start load it makes 2 tumbles

Customer Question

Samsung load sensing He dryer start load it makes 2 tumbles and stops about a minute later it repeats same process
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like the motor circuit is drawing excess current and causing the control to stop.

1. What happens on the display?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Kelly this display just shows setting its on and time no errors. It will start tumbling for about 3 seconds then stop for 1-2 minutes and then repeat. Model # is
DV42H5000EW/A3
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Any strange noises, like humming or buzzing? Any flashing lights?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No strange sounds. Except sounds a little louder than normal
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

What happens if you try to start a new cycle right after it shuts down?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You can power it off and back on but if it hasn't been about 2 mins it will not do anything except show its drying and then it will kick in for 3 seconds
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't laugh at my description ��) but If you let it do it for a few times to me it will smell like your burning popcorn
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

That is the information I needed, great description! The odor you smell is the coating on the motor windings. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how to replace it!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much Kelly that's what I was leaning toward but wasn't for sure since I'm not an appliance expert lol
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!