John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Dryer ran for almost 7 hrrs clothes not dry, dv26bewlxaa

Customer Question

dryer ran for almost 7 hrrs clothes not dry
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: dv26bewlxaa 340854bp100293m
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well I dont know if i should get another dryer or fix this one. the dryer is 10 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

The dryer is likely not heating and will run like that if it does not produce heat. Can you check the heating element on the unit?