John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dryer ran for almost 7 hrrs clothes not dry, dv26bewlxaa

Customer Question

dryer ran for almost 7 hrrs clothes not dry
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: dv26bewlxaa 340854bp100293m
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well I dont know if i should get another dryer or fix this one. the dryer is 10 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The dryer is likely not heating and will run like that if it does not produce heat. Can you check the heating element on the unit?