Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a Whirlpool dryer Cabrio and it has stopped

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool dryer Cabrio and it has stopped spinning. We hit the start button it will not tumble. I have replaced the belt and that did not work. Any other suggestions to try?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model #WED7300DW0 serial #M53050299 and its about a year, year and a half old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I replaced the belt myself so I guess it depends on the extent of the work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Check the thermal fuse on the blower housing in the back of the unit. Remove the back panel and there is a white thermal link on the blower housing with two wires to it, you can either interlock those two wires and then try and start it or check it for continuity and see if it is OPEN with an ohm meter, if so replace it.

Part #3392519

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!