John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kitchen Aid Refrig, Model KSCS251...I have replaced

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid Refrig, Model KSCS251...I have replaced the water filter several times, but the water still has a foul smell. The local appliance guy said to run liquid bleach threw the system but did not tell me how
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years? If you need exact serial/model numbers, tell me where to find
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I am ordering a replacement ice maker so I was going to do both jobs...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't believe so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

There is no way to run bleach through the system unless you have a way to pressurize it and supply the valve. So, that is not something you can do. Does the ice also smell bad or is it primarily an issue with the water?