Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My GE Dryer is stuck on delicate cycle. I can't turn the

Customer Question

My GE Dryer is stuck on delicate cycle. I can't turn the knob or increase Time Dry.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My Model number is ***** Ser: TR796326A
Uhmmm. Age, I'm not sure sorry
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. If not I'll have to get someone here.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No ma'am.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. If you can not physically turn your knob on the control panel, then the interface control board has failed. That entire board behind the front touch panel would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say and the part number is ***** which costs about $175-200. I'm very sorry about the bad news but that is the only thing that would stop the knob from turning.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh geeze. Ok. Well, at least we have a resolution to the problem and I can order it.
Is the interface something I would be able to reinstall myself?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you're handy you can replace this part yourself. To access the control panel for removal, just look behind the top ledge of the control panel and there are 3 screws coming in from the back. Remove those screws and the back trim of the control panel pops off to expose screws going into the top panel of the dryer. Remove these screws and the top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. After that it's fairly straight forward and the board itself is all plug and play.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Awesome. Thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

no problem and good luck!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?