Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a GE bottom freezer refrigerator, model #PFS22misbbb

Customer Question

We have a GE bottom freezer refrigerator, model #PFS22misbbb and serial # DMO52310. We have had it since 05-2007. A little more than 24 hrs ago, I noticed the freezer temp @ 32 degrees and the refrigerator temp @ 52 degrees. I pressed the resets for 0 and 37 degrees respectively. I even pushed the turbo-cool switch. After more than 26 hrs, the readings are 20 degrees for the freezer and 46 degrees for the fridge. While it seems to be going in the right direction finally, the question remains should I call for a service checkup or should I wait to see if the problem resolves itself? The room temp is 74 degrees on average during the period in question. I am also concerned about food spoiling, please advise. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

You most likely have an air flow issue caused by a problem in the defrost circuit.

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?