Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My 2 year old Samsung fridge has the freezer on the bottom

Customer Question

My 2 year old Samsung fridge has the freezer on the bottom and two top doors pull open to reveal the deli drawer.which slides in and out under the produce and meat drawers. There is a sheet of ice on the bottom of the deli drawer (on the underside of the deli drawer. . I don't know where the water is coming from since we have no water of ice with this appliance (our choice).I can nit fir the life of me figure out where the water is coming from to form the layer of ice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model # RF2BEAESR and it is approximately 3 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. Sears appliance repair guy is coming out tomorrow. I was tempted to pull it out and unplug it and wait a minute and plug it back in.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Cant think of anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The defrost drain is plugged behind the wall in the refrigerator section. Unplugging it for 24 hours with the doors open will thaw the drain. If you would like to manually thaw it out in less time, I can help with that. Please double check and post the model number (the one posted is not coming up) and I can explain how that is done.