waymore3
waymore3,
6211579

I have a Frigidaire dishwasher model FDB520RHS2 that will

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire dishwasher model FDB520RHS2 that will not completely drain at the end of a cycle. It has an air gap installed, so it is not siphoning water back from the drain line. It will empty the water by hitting the Cancel/Drain button. I have removed all of the internal pieces (Spray arm, trap, support, flapper) and found no blockage. The pump operates properly, and the unit washes dishes properly, it just does not drain.
What else can I check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike G replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest checking the discharge hose to see if it is through the cabinet running close to the bottom of the counter top. The loop self drains like a syphon and is the way it needs to be installed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The drain hose goes directly from the hole in the cabinet up to the air gap fitting. Also, it does not drain back when I empty the dishwasher by hitting the Cancel/Drain button. Seems like if siphoning were the problem it would happen then, too.
Expert:  Mike G replied 6 months ago.

Well that was the only thing I could suggest as the problem. I'll opt out and allow another experts to address the question. Please stand by.

Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

I see it's been a couple of days since you have been helped. Are you still needing assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am.
Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

If I understand you correctly it WILL drain it, but ONLY if you hit the cancel button?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that is correct. Makes no difference what cycle is selected, it always ends full of water in the bottom, almost to the door opening. But hitting Cancel runs it down almost dry.
Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

I think this is an appliance issue. Its not turning on the pump at the end of a normal cycle. If it were a plumbing issue then hitting cancel would not change anything.

Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that makes sense. Somebody there passed me to you. Do I need to get passed on to another Category?
Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

Yes, let me have you moved.