John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Samsung side by side refrigerator with a drawer

Customer Question

I have a Samsung side by side refrigerator with a drawer type freezer on the bottom. The ice maker inside the refrigerator, upper left, stopped working. I replaced the ice maker, water valve and the water filter but still no ice. I pushed the reset button on the new ice maker, nothing. I am able to get water out of the on door dispenser so I know water is getting to the valve that I replaced. Any other things I might try?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

DOes the icemaker rotate when the button on the icemaker is pressed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it does not rotate
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I take that back now it is rotating
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What should I try next?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

OK does it filling with water when it is done rotating