Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ave a whirlpool refrigerator Model number WRF560SEYWOO

Customer Question

ave a whirlpool refrigerator Model number WRF560SEYWOO Serial n...10 August 2016 05:35 | Appliance Model number WRF560OO My refrigerator lights still don't work the old control kept the refrigerator running but no lights put in new control panel all worked for a little bit than the refrigerator quit.than the tech put back the control that he had taken out than he opened the door than the lights came on and than the refrigerator started running than the lights went out so whats the problem? One new control panel lights work and the refrigerator doesn't than the old lights worked buy after frig started lights quit so what's the answer? It was made in 4/12 so it was bought in 2012.Kelly
Online nowKelly
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

So everything works except the lights correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is correct they worked when the appliance tech put back in the original control panel and as the frig started the lights went out when he put in the new control panel from Whirlpool the frig started lights worked and the frigerator ran for a little while than it quit running and this tech is very intelligent when it comes to repairing appliances.

Which panel was put in?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the same one that was in there he checked to see if they were the same and they are the same. I watched him and asked if they were the same number and they were so why did the lights work on the original control box when he put it back in and than when the frig started lights went out.

This sounds more like you have a wire harness issue to that board likely a bad wire to one of the plugs from the power source I would have him check that. That would explain the behavior you have witnessed as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if that was the case why does each control panel have different issues. One was the lights work and the other one the frig runs so each control panel have different issues so how could it be the wiring? How would the frig run on the one panel and not on the other? Can't be the wiring.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you didn't answer my final question

Often those units need to have the matched interface board, there was a bulletin out on those units and most require a matching new interface board to work correctly with a new high voltage board.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he just ordered the last board from whirlpool and now he ordered another board so we will see when he puts it in and if that's the case why does whirlpool still have these boards and than they should have to pay for the extra time for all the tech's work.

Yes keep me posted thanks