Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My samsung DV350AEP dryer won't start. It has power and when

Customer Question

hi, my samsung DV350AEP dryer won't start. It has power and when turned on the check filter light flashes
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: when we turn it on the filter light flashes. then when we push start nothing happens
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The drum spins, filter is clean and hose out the back is clean
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how can i reset the flashing filter light
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you just hear a click from the console after pressing Start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The belt is good . And tight and turns with the drum

Ok then this is one of two issues, either the belt is broken or the thermal link on the blower housing is burned out. The blower thermal fuse is a dime sized thermostat on the blower housing..check that for continuity.

Part #1-6 at this link

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I just replaced the thermal fuse and that was not the problem.

Do you hear the click still on the board when STart is pressed?