Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Please Im working on a fridgidair refrigerator FGHS2355PF5A

Customer Question

Kelly PleaseKelly Im working on a fridgidair refrigerator FGHS2355PF5A that is about 14 months old. Customer complained that the freezer was getting hot but the fridge side was oK....right now the read out on the front of the unit says Freezer is 49 and the refidge is 36.....The compressor is not running....So I removed the Cap and overload device but there is 0 voltage at the two pin connector that plugs into the overload Capacitor device ??????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The capacitor is only there to help with efficiency, it can be left off and the compressor will run. You won't read voltage there. Is the compressor hot?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Or are you talking about the two wires that go to the start device, light blue and red?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it was the two wires that went to the start relay /capacitor but after I requested your help I noticed that the condenser fan wasn't blowing either. I Unplugged the fridge and plugged it back in and the compressor and the condenser fan powered up and it ran fine. (a cold boot)
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

So the board just needed a reset, odd at only 14 months old but glad it was an easy fix! Hopefully their outlet is well grounded, polarity correct and connections tight, that seems to be a common cause of weird board issues. Thank you for taking the time to post back, I sure appreciate that!