John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The center element of the right hand three element burner on

Customer Question

The center element of the right hand three element burner on my GE Profile, Model PS978sT11SS not burning. I replaced the three element burner still not working. Replace the large circuit board found the control panel. That didnt fix it. Now what do I do?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Change out the switch for the burner that is the issue. DO you need a part number?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the location of the switch?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model number is ***** GE PS978ST1SS. Profile model radiant heat stove with double oven

Does the touchpad input do anything when you try to control that burner?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it performs as normal. I swapped the wires for the center burner and outer burner. The center burner then worked fine. It appears the circuit board in the rear of the stove may be the fault. Possible the relay K8 is bad or the diode. I will try a new circuit board. I am sorry but you really haven't helped me. Are you familiar with this General Electric stove?