John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a profile fridge and have had the ice maker replaced

Customer Question

i have a profile fridge and have had the ice maker replaced 2 times. the last one stopped makeing ice 3 days ago. the maker is now making a humming sound off and on. what could be the problem? thanx jim bay (west lafayette, in.)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

have you been replacing the icemakers with an OEM one? You would know if you have as they are well over 110 dollars.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i had the ice maker replaced by trustworthy repair service of lafayette, in.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i had the icemaker repalced by Trustworthy repair service of Lafayette, in.

Will they not come and warranty it?