Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I just purchased a beautiful professional kitchenaid 600

Customer Question

I just purchased a beautiful professional kitchenaid 600 series with all the wonderful attachments. Folowed the recipe to a t and my noodles and coming out all stuck together. What am I doing wrong?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Brand new! Purchased yesterday professional 600
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just want to know why the pasta noodles are gumming together.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

There are a couple of tricks that really help with making your pasta come out and not stick that aren't in the instructions. The first big trick is to let your sheet pasta sit and dry out for 10-20 minutes then run it through the spaghetti attachment. It will still be soft enough to work with but won't stick nearly as much. Also, you may need more flour on the dough when you feed it into the cutter. Then separate and toss with more flour and hang to dry or with flour on a sheet pan.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?