Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

MY KENMORE FREEZER REFRIGERATOR COMBO IS FREEZING EVERYTHING

Customer Question

MY KENMORE FREEZER REFRIGERATOR COMBO IS FREEZING EVERYTHING IN THE FRIDGE.WHAT DO I DO?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be listed on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4600
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

I see you requested a phone call so I'll send that option if you'd like. It's an additional $24 to speak by phone.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

As for your issue if you wanted to continue typing, is everything in the refrigerator freezing or just certain areas? What areas if it's just certain areas?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
back sections and vegetable section
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no thanks to the phone call
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If everything is freezing in the unit you need to change out the temperature thermister to get that corrected. The temperature sensors often get out of range and cause that issue on that unit. I would do that to fix this problem.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do i change the thermostat?

Get me the complete model number off the tag and I can guide you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
8iifOfn
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
also(###) ###-####4600

OK great! On that model you actually will need to change out the damper to stop that issue.

CLICK HERE FOR PART AND VIDEO to install it