Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I did a self clean on my magic chef oven and now I went to

Customer Question

I did a self clean on my magic chef oven and now I went to turn on oven to broil..it beeped and show f-3!!!! What is that??
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Magic Chef is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I just move here a year ago..I now sold the home...I give the keys to new owner on Friday!! Now the oven doesn't work after I self cleaned it!!!!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What work???
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven. F3 mean that your oven thinks the oven sensor has shorted which does commonly happen when the oven goes through self clean since it gets so hot. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?