Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

I have a Dacor SGM365S gas cook top. When I turn on a

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Dacor SGM365S gas cook top. When I turn on a certain 2 burners that are the most frequent ones used, the unit continues to click(try to ignite) even though the selected one or two are lit and burning. Do I need a new spark igniter or a spark module or just need to clean it? Thank you in advance.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This unit has 5 burners. Two of the burners are used daily. The other 3 are used only maybe once a week or even once a month. So I'm guessing the ones that I turn on all the time that cause the clicking have worn igniters or are dirty. Looking for best advice before buying unnecessary parts.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 months ago.

hello , it wont be the spark module ..take the caps off the ones that are causing the issue and lightly sand the metal tip of the ignitor so it is shiny , then put the cap back on ,making sure it is even ..if it still continues to spartk ,replace the ignitor will only spark if the metal tip cannot sense the flame can have a build up or the ceramic body can have a hairline will be either dirty or cracked ..the spark module will be fine