Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My whirlpool ultimate care II won't start, not sure about

Customer Question

my whirlpool ultimate care II won't start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: not sure about age ... bought it used last year. MOD - LEQ7030Kq2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure. Don't know what's going on yet.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Wife was drying a load and checked to see if it was dry before the timer went off. They were dry and when she tried to start the next load it didn't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. There are a couple possibilities that can cause the dryer to act like this so if you're sure the dryer is getting power from your house then you'll want to open the door and push the door switch to make sure it clicks. If it doesn't then replace the door switch. If the switch checks good and you're sure you have power going to the dryer then you likely have a bad fuse. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access and test the fuse.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I pressed the door switch and I heard the dryer make a slight click and then a sound sort of like a clock.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK so it sounds like your fuse is likely bad. You'd need to test the fuse to be certain and the video I sent you shows you how to do that.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just replaced the thermal fuse and it still doesn't work.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
bad switch?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Have you checked the door switch?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've already checked door switch. I believe it operates fine. I replaced thermal fuse.Not familiar with ohmmeter but I checked the on/off switch and got no reading. Could be doing it wrong, though.

Do you hear a click when you press Start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I replaced the start switch but it still does not work. Both old and new switches click when you push them.

Are you sure you have 240 volts at the terminal block going to the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had a local guy come in and look at it. The door switch had a piece that was broken off so it wasn't engaging.

Yep that is what I thought from the beginning sounds good

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!