Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The coils on my Kenmore upright freezer (Model # 106

Customer Question

The coils on my Kenmore upright freezer (Model #(###) ###-#### are freezing up with solid ice. I've checked the heater strip and it has continuity therefore is surely good. I've also checked the defrost thermostat and it has continuity when very cold and is open when warmer. (You can hear the click when it switches) As far as I know, that just leaves a defrost timer? But I haven't been able to locate one on this model. HELP!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So you are 100% correct that if your defrost thermostat and heater check good that it leaves your defrost timer. On this unit the defrost timer is located underneath the freezer. You should be able to access it by pull the freezer forward and removing the lower back panel to look for the defrost timer down below. You will need to replace this part to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for defrost timer

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?