Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Amana AP125D worked fine. I just did a routine cleaning

Customer Question

my Amana AP125D worked fine. I just did a routine cleaning of the coils with evap cleaner and did a light rinse with a squirt bottle of mist, vacuumed, and cleaned the condensation bowl. I used the air compressor to blow out everything but after puting it back together and plugging it in a red light blinks and beeps for a few moments. the motor turns over for a second but shuts back off. what should i do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So the motor turning over for a second and shutting off means that it's overloading. I'm not sure if you got it wet when you used the spray bottle or not but you can try to let it dry out for 24 hours and if it still keeps shutting off after 1 second of running either you need a new compressor or the overload relay on the side of the compressor is bad. You can't replace the compressor yourself so you'll want to replace the overload relay on the side of the compressor and see where you stand. If it still acts up then the compressor would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?